Stayed in 6 bed mixed room for 4 nights. I requested a lower bunk due to hurting my back which was granted but after having to really make a case over a telephone call, almost beg and assure them i wasn't lying. The allocated bed had a curtain with white stains a bit like sick or something so I took another bed. The bed I took had hairs on the black duvet cover and also the curtain rail hooks had come off. I asked reception to rectify which they did. Lady at check in was friendly and apologised. As we had window open in room to avoid smells I was cold and next morning asked another reception lady for a blanket to which they said I could use the communal lounging blankets. I asked when if it was clean and said once a week. I decided not to take one due to hygiene reasons and the receptionist offered no other alternative to assist me to feel comfortable and not cold. Asked the same receptionist for bus times for arrow town and was misinformed. The bed locker lock was damaged although working, but had to be pushed hard into place to lock and made noise. Personally I found bed and bedding uncomfortable. The bathrooms were clean with good shower pressure. Bathrooms on ground floor smelled of damp. Bathroom on first floor near lounge didn't. Kitchen was clean other than food storage boxes being dirty and mouldy, male staff washed one for me to use. Lounge looked comfortable. Nice outdoor seating. Two staff helpful, two not. It's ok for somewhere to sleep in expensive Queenstown
- Queenstown Mall
- 3 min walk
- Skycity Queenstown Casino
- 5 min walk
- Queenstown Hill
- 6 min walk
- Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.)
- 9 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:+64 9913 4658
About this area
Located in Queenstown, Haka Lodge Queenstown - Hostel is in the city centre and near the beach. Shotover Jet and Coronet Peak Ski Area are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown Gardens. Skyline Gondola and Kiwi and Birdlife Park are also worth visiting.Visit our Queenstown travel guide
- Queenstown Mall - 3 min walk
- Skycity Queenstown Casino - 5 min walk
- Queenstown Hill - 6 min walk
- Queenstown Beach - 6 min walk
- Fear Factory Queenstown - 7 min walk
- Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.) - 9 min drive
About this property
Haka Lodge Queenstown - Hostel
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM. <br />
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children 18 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 18 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for NZD 20 per night.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Self-parking fee: NZD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 20 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Haka Lodge Queenstown Hostel
- Haka Lodge Hostel
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
As usual, 5 star with the best hostel manager greeting you at desk. Always a pleasure to stay here