Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room - Saver Rate
- 1 double
Standard Twin Room - Saver Rate
- 2 single
Superior Room, 1 Queen Bed - Saver Rate
- 1 queen
Superior Room, 1 King Bed - Saver Rate
- 1 king
Art Deco hotel in Wellington near St Paul's Cathedral
Located in the city center of Wellington, this eco-friendly hotel is near the airport and within walking distance of St Paul's Cathedral, National Library, and Wellington Parliament. Also nearby are Old St Paul's and Beehive.
In addition to a restaurant, Kingsgate Hotel Wellington features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café and a conference center.
Plasma televisions come with premium satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and climate control.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of secretarial services, audiovisual equipment, and small meeting rooms.
An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities measuring 3229 square feet (300 square meters) include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. This Art Deco hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and a garden. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge).
Kingsgate Hotel Wellington has designated areas for smoking.
- Babysitting or childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Business services
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Hair salon
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Total number of rooms - 108
- Number of floors - 9
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Audiovisual equipment
- Luggage storage
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 3229
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 300
- Secretarial services
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Event catering
- Grocery/convenience store
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1988
- Conference center
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Shower only
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Free movie channels
- Plasma TV
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Glasshouse Restaurant - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Dock nearby
- Boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: NZD 25 for adults and NZD 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 12 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: NZD 15 per day
- Late check-out fee: NZD 20
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 35 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 3 star plus.