Overview of Great Southern Hotel Sydney
Explore the area
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
You can change or cancel this stay if plans change. Because flexibility matters.
Standard Twin Room
Standard Queen Room
Standard Queen Room with no Housekeeping
Standard Twin with no Housekeeping
Standard Queen Room with Breakfast for 1
About this area
In the city centre and near a metro station, Great Southern Hotel Sydney is in an area with good shopping. Sydney Tower and Sydney Opera House are notable landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Circular Quay and Overseas Passenger Terminal. Check out an event or a game at Sydney Cricket Ground, and consider making time for SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, a top attraction not to be missed. Our guests appreciate the hotel's convenience for public transport: Capitol Square Light Rail Station is just steps away and Central Light Rail Station is 4 minutes by foot.
- Capitol Theatre - 4 min walk
- Sydney Town Hall - 11 min walk
- Hyde Park - 15 min walk
- International Convention Centre Sydney - 15 min walk
- Sydney Tower - 16 min walk
- Capitol Square Light Rail Station - 2 min walk
- Sydney Central Station - 3 min walk
- Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) - 12 min drive
- Where to eat
- 1903 – Serves breakfast.
- Great Southern Bar – Serves lunch and dinner.
About this property
Great Southern Hotel Sydney
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
Renovations and closures
- Dining venue
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
Payment types accepted at this property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10 per 24-hour period (2-device limit, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10 per 24-hour period (2-device limit, rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: AUD 45 per night
- Early check-in fee: AUD 20 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 20 (subject to availability)
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 2 per cent
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney Haymarket
- Great Hotel
- Great Southern
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney
- Great Southern Sydney
- Great Southern Sydney Haymarket
- Great ern Sydney Haymarket
- Liked: Cleanliness
It was very central to central station and light rail nearby as well, which made travel very convenient. Our 4 day stay was not covered by room service of which I was unaware. I approached the reception desk on day 3 and was given fresh towels, toilet paper and shampoo at no extra cost thankfully.