- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
- Whanganui Museum
- 17 min walk
- Sarjeant Gallery
- 18 min walk
- Queens Park
- 19 min walk
- Whanganui (WAG)
- 10 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:+64 9913 4658
About this area
Located in Whanganui, Kingsgate Hotel The Avenue Wanganui is in the city centre. Ward Observatory and Memorial Tower are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Durie Hill Elevator and Bason Botanic Gardens.Visit our Whanganui travel guide
- Whanganui Museum - 17 min walk
- Watt Fountain - 17 min walk
- Sarjeant Gallery - 18 min walk
- Queens Park - 19 min walk
- Virginia Lake - 2 min drive
- Whanganui (WAG) - 10 min drive
- Where to eat
- Mothership Brewing – Restaurant with a bar. Serves dinner and light fare daily.
- Estrella Restaurant – Restaurant offering international cuisine. Serves breakfast and dinner daily. Kids' menu available.
About this property
Kingsgate Hotel The Avenue Wanganui
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 7 AM - 9:00 PM. <br />If you are planning to arrive after 9:00 PM, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 1 year old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between NZD 18 and NZD 24 per person (approximately)
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 2 per cent
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Kingsgate Hotel Avenue Wanganui
- Kingsgate Avenue Wanganui
- Kingsgate Hotel Avenue Wanganui Whanganui
- Kingsgate Avenue Wanganui Whanganui
- Kingsgate Avenue Wanganui Wha
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities
We stay at the Kingsgate every year during December. The reception staff are always excellent. The rooms although now getting a bit dated, are comfortable and adequate for our needs.