Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel with modern feel on central piazza
Popular property highlights
Dating back to the Middle Ages, this grand residence is one of the oldest hotels in Florence and occupies the charming Santa Maria Novella piazza, 150 meters from the main train station.
During the warmer months, guests can recline on sun loungers and enjoy drinks from the marble-topped bar, accompanied by panoramic views across the city.
Modern, soundproofed guestrooms feature distressed wood furniture and come equipped with satellite TVs, free WiFi, and minibars. The marble-tiled bathrooms include showers or bathtubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Grand Hotel Minerva
Renovations & Closures
- Swimming pool
Between May and September guests can soak up the sun and enjoy the city views from the rooftop solarium. The outdoor seasonal pool is open from May to September and cold drinks are served at the poolside bar. Over June and July the terrace also hosts live jazz accompanied by aperitifs. A marble-topped bar is also open over the summer serving a range of drinks and snacks. Alternatively, an American bar is open year-round in the reception area overlooking the piazza.
Featured amenities include free WiFi, meeting facilities, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 102
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Pool umbrellas
- Luggage storage
- Rooftop terrace
- Business center
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 5
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Poolside bar
- Pool sun loungers
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Free newspaper
- Flat-panel TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
I Chiostri - Open from April to September, this restaurant serves a range of seasonal Mediterranean and Tuscan dishes and opens out onto a terrace overlooking the piazza for al fresco dining in fine weather. Open for lunch and dinner.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 30 per accommodation, per stay
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
This property was recently renovated in February 2016. However, the following room types were not renovated: Classic Double Room, Superior Double or Twin Room, Double Room Single Use, Single Room, Classic Triple Room, Family Suite, and Family Duplex (Suite).
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: between EUR 15 and EUR 25 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 45 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 30 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per accommodation, per stay
- Grand Hotel Minerva
- Grand Hotel Minerva Florence
- Grand Minerva
- Grand Minerva Florence
- Grand Minerva Hotel
- Hotel Grand Minerva
- Hotel Minerva Grand
- Minerva Grand
- Minerva Grand Hotel
- Minerva Hotel
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).