1. This hotel is located close to the Zhangjiang High Tech Park, so if you are going to be spending time there, it is very convenient. I walked to and from the site where I was working every day.
2. The hotel is relatively new, but modelled in a very old-fashioned style, certainly more character than the big chains would typically produce. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
3. The rates were very competitive and constituted good value.
4. The most basic room was large, clean and comfortable. Wired internet was reasonably fast, and all services worked well. Kettle and (empty) fridge included. Iron and board supplied on request.
1. If you are going to visit downtown Shanghai, you are a long way away. I wouldn't say this is suitable for a tourist.
2. The hotel is dimly lit.
3. The restuarant was closed and I believe it serves breakfast, although I didn't eat there. There are several decent restuarants nearby.
4. There do not appear to be any sports facilities.
5. Couldn't find any non-Chinese TV channels. Would welcome CNN and BBC News.