Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelElegant riverside hotel 3 blocks from Chicago's Loop
Popular property highlights
Close to the Loop
This 20-story Westin hotel overlooking the Chicago River is 3 blocks from Chicago's Loop business and theater districts, 4 blocks from Magnificent Mile shopping, and 1 mile from Soldier Field.
A modern restaurant serves cocktails and includes a sushi bar; a health club offers saunas, massage therapy, and personal training.
Heavenly Beds, Baths
Renovated in 2015, all 429 guestrooms at this Chicago Westin have Heavenly Beds with pillowtop mattresses and down comforters, Heavenly Baths with plush robes and massaging showerheads, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Westin Chicago River North
Relax at 320 Restaurant & Bar, which includes our acclaimed Kamehachi Sushi Bar. Guests can work out in the Westin hotel's extensive health club (surcharge; limited hours), featuring floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city. Guests can also relax in the hotel's lush outdoor garden. Amenities include saunas, complimentary chair massages and personal training. Also onsite, a 24-hour fitness facility with cardio machines equipped with TV screens. Guests can also visit a partner hotel five blocks away for complimentary access to an indoor pool.
A business center provides printing, faxing, copying, and high-speed Internet access; fees apply. Meeting rooms are also available. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the hotel lobby.
- Express check-in
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 17
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1987
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 429
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 20
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per stay )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LED TV
Where to Eat
320 Restaurant & Bar - Enjoy a cocktail and bites with gorgeous Chicago River views from 320 RiverBar.
Kamehachi Sushi Bar - Acclaimed sushi bar offers a variety of authentic Japanese delicacies for lunch and dinner.
Located on the mezzanine level, the Westin hotel's health club (surcharge) has free weights, exercise balls, and 21 cardiovascular machines, including recumbent bikes, stair steppers, treadmills, elliptical machines, and universal exercise machines. Personal training and massage therapy are available (surcharge). Men's and women's locker rooms include saunas. Guests also receive complimentary access to the indoor pool at a partner hotel five blocks away.
Lake Michigan is a half-mile away, with a 20-mile-long lakefront path for walking, running, biking, or skating. Bicycles and in-line skates are available for rental at several beachfront locations. Five miles from the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the Westin hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Up to 50 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 59.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 69.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per stay
- Chicago River North Westin
- Westin Chicago River North
- Westin Hotel Chicago River North
- Westin Chicago River North Hotel
- Westin River North Hotel
- Westin River North
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Westin
We should mention
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.