Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Seafacing Double - Breakfast Included
- 1 double
Standard Seafacing Twin - Breakfast Included
- Two Twin Beds
1 Bedroom Apartment Mountain Facing Double - Breakfast Included
- 1 double
1 Bedroom Apartment Seafacing Double - Breakfast Included
- 1 double
4-star hotel with an outdoor pool in Cape Town (Atlantic Seaboard)
This hotel is located in Cape Town (Atlantic Seaboard), close to the beach, Sea Point Swimming Pool, Sea Point Pavillion, and Milton Beach. Also nearby are Lions Head and Clifton Bay Beach.
At Protea Hotel President, recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. The hotel also features a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature kitchenettes, complimentary wireless Internet access, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
In addition to an outdoor pool, Protea Hotel President provides a 24-hour fitness center and a children's pool. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. This 4-star property offers access to audiovisual equipment and a meeting/conference room.
An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities include a conference center, a ballroom, and banquet facilities. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, the property provides an area shuttle within 5 km and a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours).
Protea Hotel President has designated areas for smoking.
- Concierge desk
- Business services
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Poolside bar
- Swimming pool - children's
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Banquet facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Tour assistance
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Medical assistance available
- Laundry facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 349
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 6
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Designated smoking areas
- Internet point
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Conference center
- Year Built 1997
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Secure parking (surcharge), Secure covered parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Complimentary bottled water
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Plasma TV
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Coffee/tea maker
- Climate control
- In-room massage available
- Private bathroom (not in room)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free movie channels
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Islands Restaurant - This restaurant is located by the pool. A children's menu is available.
24-hour room service is available.
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Dock nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
- Manicures and pedicures
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 155 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: ZAR 30 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: ZAR 30 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 330 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: ZAR 350 per stay
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.