Gyeongbokgung Palace & Namsan Tour with Shopping & Lunch
- Historic changing of the Royal Guard at Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Engaging Korean cultural exhibits at National Folk Museum
- Traditional hanoks (Korean houses) from the Joseon Dynasty
- Stunning views over the cityscape from the N Seoul Tower
- Free time to shop for duty-free & discounted designer wares
Gyeongbokgung Palace & Namsan Full Day Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- You must present a valid passport on the day of the activity.
- Gyeongbokgung Palace and Namsan Hanok Village are closed on Tuesdays; you will visit Changdeokgung Palace instead and either Bukchon Hanok Village or Insadong instead.
- Hotel pick-up takes place between 9 and 10 AM. You will receive confirmation of your exact hotel pick-up time when you call to confirm your reservation.
What you can expect
Hit Seoul's major landmarks with a knowledgeable guide on this full-day outing. Step back in time at the stately Gyeongbokgung Palace, try your hand at traditional Korean activities in an old-fashioned village, and take in the view from the N Seoul Tower atop Namsan Mountain.
After you're picked up from your hotel, ride to Gyeongbokgung Palace, an impressive walled complex built in the 14th century. Watch the regimented Changing of the Royal Guard at the Gwanghwamun Gate, hear about the fascinating history of the palace itself, and then venture inside the impressive edifice to check out exhibits on Korean culture and heritage at the National Folk Museum.
From there, make your way to a nearby shopping centre, where you can browse wares and enjoy a traditional Korean lunch before continuing on to the Namsan Hanok Village at the base of Namsan Mountain. Here, get an up-close look at a collection of 5 well-preserved hanoks (Korean houses) from the Joseon Dynasty, participate in time-honoured activities like archery, and watch Korean cultural performances.
Next, head up to the sky-high observation deck of the N Seoul Tower, from which you can take in sweeping views over the city below. Pop into a nearby duty-free store to shop for designer and brand-name goods before the return ride to your hotel.