Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Tour - Snorkel, Hike, Swim, Paddleboard, Wildlife
Cleaning and safety practices
Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Tour - Snorkel, Hike, Swim, Paddleboard, Wildlife 10:00
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: If you are arriving in Waitangi Wharf, the cruiseship provides FREE shuttle buses for cruise ship guests to transfer you into Paihia (5 minute bus ride)
- The bus will drop you off outside the Paihia Wharf next to our check-in location - SALT AIR HELICOPTER OFFICE
- PLEASE BRING LUNCH IF YOU HAVE NOT PRE-ORDERED A LUNCH PACK AT TIME OF BOOKING
- Suitable for families, couples and solo travellers
- Suitable for all ages
- Please bring a swimming costume & towel, and appropriate clothing for the day
- Please bring lunch& drink for the day
- Minimum numbers apply. (3 people) There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of departure will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- No-show will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- Cruise-ship guests need to insure their travel insurance covers them in the unlikely event that the cruise-ship does not stop in port, as we are unable to refund in these situations.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travellers
- In accordance with the COVID-19 Protection Framework, from 3 December all guests travelling on any Explore Group vessel aged 12 years or over must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at the time of check in.
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
• Check-in at the Salt Air Office (Helicopter office next to the Paihia Wharf) at 9.45am
• Our crew will greet you and bring you down to our boat as they welcome you on board
• Take a seat as we begin cruising the sheltered coastline towards the outer islands
• Keep and eye out for local wildlife as your skipper and crew will point out local hot-spots and provide plenty of history and information about the area.
• Our first stop is Roberton Island (also known as the famous Twin Lagoons) where we disembark and take a 10 minute walk amongst native flora and fauna to the island lookout point - a breathtaking 360 degree view of the Bay of Islands.
• Upon returning from the walk, your crew will provide beachside morning tea with coffee/tea and biscuits.
• Take some time exploring the tidal lagoons, or take relax on this secluded island before making your way back on board the boat.
• Our tour continues as we cruise among the 144 islands the bay has to offer. Keep an eye out for marine life and unique shore birds that live in the area - sometimes we are lucky enough to spot dolphins and a variety of other wildlife throughout the day!!
• Arriving at our second island stop, we begin our activities….all equipment is available for you to discover the underwater reefs with snorkelling gear provided and give Stand-up Paddleboarding a try.
• Take a walk along one of the island trails, enjoy a swim or relax on the unfrequented beaches in the warmth of the sun….some days, you can even try fresh NZ Kina (seafood) - there are options for everyone.
• After our time on the second island, we begin our cruise back home through the islands following the coastline back into Paihia.
• Whether you are a solo traveller, a couple on a honeymoon, or a family on holiday, your visit to the Bay of Islands isn't complete until you have experienced our Island Getaway Day Cruise
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Hand sanitiser provided