Book your room at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury DC hotel 2 blocks from Dupont Circle
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near Dupont Circle
This Washington, DC luxury hotel is in a shopping district, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle, 4 blocks from Georgetown, and 1 mile from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Service and style
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington D.C., Preferred Hotels & Resorts offers a fireplace lounge for drinks and dinner, 24-hour fitness, and concierge services.
iPod® docks, LCD TVs
This hotel offers 259 guestrooms, each with high-speed Internet, radios with iPod® docking stations, LCD TVs, and signature beds with 300-thread-count linens.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.2100 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington DC 20008
This historic Massachusetts Avenue hotel sits amidst the mansions of Embassy Row, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle and within a mile of Georgetown. The hotel is within walking distance of The Phillips Collection, the Anderson House, Connecticut Avenue, and several restaurants and shops. A metro stop is 1.5 blocks away, with access to Connecticut Avenue shopping and The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is less than 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment. Guests may dine in the hotel's inviting Fairfax Grille Lounge and sit down to breakfast in the Capitol Room. Free public WiFi access is available in public areas including the 24-hour business center.
The hotel offers overnight, daily, and dining valet parking for a surcharge. Self-parking is not available.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 259
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 8
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Health club
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Year Built 1927
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National) (10.3 km)
- Train station: Washington Union Station (4.3 km)
- Metro station: Dupont Circle Station (0.2 km)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Capitol Room - American cuisine (made from all-natural ingredients) and affordable wines in a relaxed setting. Open daily for breakfast. Host to the Capital Wine Festival. Full breakfast is available (surcharge).
Fairfax Grille and Lounge - Cocktail bar serving dinner, light fare, appetizers, happy hour, and exquisite beverage specials, this paneled room is an inviting place warmed by 2 fireplaces. Antique oars and model boats lend a nautical feel. The Lounge hosts wine tasting events and features an inspired menu of regional delights.
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment. The nearest golf course is the 18-hole Hains Point, less than three miles away on the banks of the Potomac River. Hains Point includes a two-tier driving range, as well as a miniature golf course listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 45.00 per night
- Fairfax Embassy
- Fairfax Embassy Row
- Fairfax Embassy Row Washington D.C. Hotel
- Fairfax Embassy Row Washington D.C.
- Fairfax Embassy Row D.C. Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.