Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric palazzo on Venice's Grand Canal promenade
Popular property highlights
Close to basilica
Facing Venice's Grand Canal, this hotel occupies a restored 18th-century palazzo and is 400 meters from Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari basilica and 500 from the Museum of Natural History.
Guests receive a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning and can later enjoy snacks, espresso, and cocktails in Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal's bar; the hotel staff speak fluent English.
Minibars in rooms
Rooms feature 18th-century-style Venetian decor, including damask wall coverings with matching drapes and bedspreads; amenities include safes, minibars, and satellite flatscreen TV. WiFi is free.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal
Featuring a cream-and-gold color scheme, including marble floor, the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal lobby provides conversation areas with upholstered seating. WiFi is free and the hotel staff speaks fluent English.
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Conference space
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 150
- Television in common areas
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 4
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free newspaper
Where to Eat
A complimentary buffet breakfast is provided each morning.
Bar Carlton Cafe - Leaded-glass windows facing promenade along Grand Canal. Silver-trimmed, 18th-century Venetian-style chairs with plush-fabric upholstery, opening onto the outdoor terrace when the weather permits. Serves espresso, snacks, and cocktails.
La Cupola - International cuisine. Serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and light fare.
Top of the Carlton - Mediterranean cuisine serving lunch, dinner, and light fare. Kids' menu available.
The Lido of Venice, the slender, 11.5-km-long (7.25-mile-long) island facing the Adriatic Sea located a 15-minute waterbus ride east of central Venice, is the city's playground, especially in summer when beaches and watersports draw visitors and Venetians. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, play golf, or take horseback rides. Aside from fishing in the canals, the central city offers little in the way of recreational opportunities. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 32 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 32 (one-way), (from 2 to 18 years old)
- Carlton Grand
- Carlton Grand Canal Hotel
- Carlton Grand Canal Venice
- Carlton Hotel Grand Canal
- Grand Carlton
- Grand Carlton Hotel
- Grand Hotel Carlton
- Hotel Carlton Grand Canal
- Hotel Carlton Grand Canal Venice
- Hotel Grand Carlton
- Carlton Grand Canal
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.