Siri Wedamadura is a traditional residence set in five acres of grounds in the heart of Mirissa only moments from the beach and the fisheries harbour. Our four-bedroom home is an oasis of tranquility in the bustling village and sleeps eight comfortably. Each of the four bedrooms is an air-conditioned en-suite with breath-taking tropical garden views.
The house features a 20 metre lap pool, comfortable indoor and outdoor living areas, a well-equipped kitchen and an open air dining area facing a lovely and intimate garden. WIFI is offered throughout. The house is fully serviced with a housekeeper, chef, gardener, and pool boy. A car and driver are available upon request.
Our garden is a very special place. The top half of the property has fabulous views over Mirissa fishing harbour and Weligama bay. It makes it a great place to meditate or to exercise. If you look carefully you can find a coffee bush, Kaffir lime, curry bush, mango, cashew and Jackfruit trees. In the early morning and late afternoon monkeys come to play and peacocks to dance. If you look closely in the ponds, you will see small fish and tadpoles, and maybe even a turtle or a water monitor.
Around evening, fruit bats start to fly. They look just like batman flying overhead, but are perfectly harmless. At night the garden wakes up, with frogs making such a racket down by the pond that it’s hard to hear yourself think. Any of our gardeners would be happy to show you around.
Sri Wedamadura's four garden-view air conditioned bedrooms are situated across two floors. Each features either a double or two single four-poster beds draped in soft mosquito netting, a wardrobe and a contemporary ensuite bathroom with rain shower. Two bedrooms – a double and a twin – open from the ground floor living room whilst a further two twin bedrooms are accessed off the landing on the first floor. A rear staircase from the dining veranda leads to this upper floor.
The living and dining areas are all situated on the ground floor. At the front of the house is a deep garden-view veranda scattered with rattan chairs, which leads straight into a beanbag-furnished living room illuminated by a skylight. Beyond the living room is a spacious, open-sided dining veranda elegantly furnished with a dining table for 10 overlooking the exotic foliage of the leafy back garden. Just off this dining area is a fully equipped kitchen finished in smooth grey cement.
The whole house will be exclusively yours for your party to enjoy.
Things to do
• Hit the beach! Mirissa and Weligama are great for swimming and surfing.
• Curry cooking lessons available on request.
• Set sail! Activities include deep-sea fishing and coastal cruising.
• Take a river safari and seek out birds, wildlife and scenery.
• Tour a lowland tea estate and see how tea is produced in their factory.
• Seek out whales and dolphins in the deep sea (Nov-April only).
• Learn to dive, go snorkelling or surf at one of many renowned points.
• Visit historic Galle Fort: enjoy the sights, boutiques and many cafes.
• Journey inland and discover Galle's magical rainforests and reserves.
• Bliss out in a local spa, or have the therapists come to you!
• Take advantage of the villa's serenity and practice yoga or meditation.
• Explore Matara's two charming Dutch forts and Buddhist island temple.
• Ascend Dondra's lighthouse, situated on the island's southernmost tip.