- Moreton Island Sand Dune
- 25 min walk
- Mount Tempest
- 15 min drive
- Fort Cowan Cowan
- 26 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:+64 9913 4658
About this area
Located in Moreton Island, Tangalooma Island Resort is on the beach. Fort Cowan Cowan is a local landmark, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Moreton Island Sand Dune and Mount Tempest.
- Moreton Island Sand Dune - 25 min walk
- Mount Tempest - 15 min drive
- Fort Cowan Cowan - 26 min drive
- Where to eat
- Fire and Stone – Beachfront restaurant offering Asian cuisine.
- Tursiops Buffet – Beachfront buffet restaurant offering international cuisine. Serves breakfast.
- Beach Cafe – Beachfront bistro. Serves lunch and dinner daily.
- Coffee Shop – Serves light fare daily.
About this property
Tangalooma Island Resort
Awards and affiliations
This property participates in EarthCheck, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 7:30 AM - 7 PM. <br />This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
- <p></p>Guests are automatically booked on the 12 PM ferry from Brisbane to Tangalooma on the day of arrival, and on the 2 PM ferry from Tangalooma to Brisbane on the day of departure. Guests must contact the resort prior to arrival to choose an alternative ferry time. Guests can contact the resort using the number on the reservation confirmation received after booking.<p></p><p></p>Ferry transfers depart from Holt St Wharf, Pinkenba and are payable on arrival. Ferry transfers are AUD84.00 per adult return and AUD46.00 per child return.<p></p>
- <p>Cruise ship arrivals throughout the year may restrict access to some tours and activities on the following dates:</p> <p>2019 <br />October: 2 <br />November: 13, 20, 23 <br />December: 1, 7, 8, 18<br /></p><p>2020 <br />January: 18<br />February: 8 <br />March: 21, 24, 25. <br />April: 01.<br />May: 09, 13, 20.<br />June: 07, 26.<br />July: 17.<br />August: 13.<br />September: 19, 23, 27.<br />October: 10, 14, 21.<br />November: 7, 11, 18, 25.<br /></p><p>For more information, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. </p>
- This property has occasional scheduled power outages. Guests who require continuous power supply for life support equipment must notify the property 96 hours prior to check-in.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 30 for adults and AUD 20 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: AUD 15 per day
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 1 per cent
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Tangalooma Island Resort
- Tangalooma Island
- Tangalooma Island Hotel
- Tangalooma Beachcomber / Driftwood Hotel Moreton Island
- Hotel Tangalooma Island
- Dolphin Resort Tangalooma Wild
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
Good location. Good staff service. Great facilities. Good restaurant options.