Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Double or Twin Room
Deluxe Double or Twin Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
Deluxe Room, View
Modern luxury hotel near St Mark’s Square
By Grand Canal
Set in Venice's most fashionable shopping district, this hotel 150 metres west of St Mark's Square features two terraces providing views of the Grand Canal's junction with St Mark's Basin.
During their stay guests can dine on Venetian and Mediterranean cuisine, and enjoy cocktails on the terraces overlooking the Grand Canal; in winter an indoor bar offers DJ or live music nightly.
Minibars in rooms
Bauer Hotel's guestrooms feature individual decor combining Art Deco and Venetian influences; all include safes, minibars, and marble bathrooms with complimentary toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel has a beauty salon offering hair and nail care. For a discounted daily surcharge of €15 (subject to change), guests of the Bauer Hotel can benefit from the access to a fitness center with men's and women's saunas and steam rooms in the adjacent partner hotel.
Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is also available in public areas.
Other hotel's amenities include business center, one meeting room, banquet facilities, babystting/childcare service, medical assistance available, and safe box at front desk.
- Concierge desk
- Business center
- Total number of rooms - 119
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Banquet facilities
- Number of floors - 6
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Beauty services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Currency exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare
- One meeting/conference room
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-in
- Medical assistance available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Shopping on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free breakfast
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Room Amenities
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service (on request)
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Complimentary toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Window opens
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Soundproofed rooms
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Guests of Bauer Hotel enjoy a buffet breakfast each morning.
De Pisis - Fine dining restaurant serving Venetian and Mediterranean fare. Marble-floored dining room with green-and-gold Rubelli silk-tapestry walls. Wood terrace open spring to autumn lapped by Grand Canal and providing view of St Mark's Basin and the 17th-century Santa Maria della Salute church. Open for lunch and dinner.
Grand Canal Bar - Lounge with Grand Canal views. Indoor area with gold marble floor and dark-green leather club chairs. Grand Canal terrace with umbrella tables and potted plants flanked by 18th-century palace and narrow side canal providing view of St Mark's Basin and the 17th-century Santa Maria della Salute church. Open mid-morning to late night for snacks and cocktails.
B Bar - Indoor cocktail lounge with marble floor, cove ceilings, and photographs of Bauer Hotel's former celebrity guests such as Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, and Humphrey Bogart. Live or DJ music. Open in winter only from early evening to late night for snacks and cocktails.
The Lido, a slender, 11-kilometre-long island facing the Adriatic Sea lies a 15-minute water-bus ride east of historical Venice's centre. In summer it becomes the city's playground, when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians alike. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, take horseback rides, and play golf, tennis, and volleyball. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. A 30% reduction applies for 2014: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 20 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: EUR 20 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: EUR 20 per stay (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Bauer Hotel is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.