Please enter your travel dates.
Double or Twin Room, Jetted Tub
Double Room Single Use
- One Double Bed
Historic Rome villa close to Gianicolo Park
Situated 300 metres from Gianicolo Park east of the city centre, this 19th-century villa sits on one of Rome's seven hills facing the ancient wall built by Emperor Aurelius above Trastevere.
The outdoor pool is open in the summer and is set in the Grand Hotel Gianicolo's classical Italian garden; poolside tables and chairs offer a place to relax and enjoy a drink or light meal.
Air-conditioned guestrooms feature cherry wood furniture and dark green damask drapes and down bedspreads, and come with wireless Internet; louvered wooden shutters open to overlook the garden and pool.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The freeform outdoor swimming pool, 25 metres on the diagonal, gives guests a refreshing respite from the Roman heat during the summer months, and the poolside bar serves drinks and snacks. In the summer season guests can also lunch or dine in the garden beside the swimming pool.
Pool is open daily from May through September from 9 AM to 9 PM. Swimming cap is required.
The wood-paneled, marble-floored Casanova Bar opens mid-morning and serves drinks, sandwiches, and salads. Italian fare is served daily for lunch and dinner at Restaurant Alla corte dei conti, and the hotel provides a breakfast buffet.
Wireless internet access is complimentary throughout Grand Hotel Gianicolo, and conference rooms can accommodate up to 110 people and span 1001 square feet (93 square meters). The hotel can provide catering service, as well as coffee breaks, lunch, and dinner for meetings and events. Garage parking (surcharge) is available, as are secretarial services and childcare (surcharge).
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Internet point
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 93
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1001
- Secretarial services
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Poolside bar
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in lobby
- Number of floors - 3
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Business services
- Wedding services
- Free breakfast
- Event catering
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Bathtub or shower
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Free Wi-Fi
Restaurant Alla corte dei conti - Located in the villa’s courtyard, the restaurant has preserved the original pavement and murals on the walls. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, serves Italian dishes and wines, and has al fresco dining in summer.
Each morning a buffet breakfast is served on the terrace located on the 4th floor, boasting views of the city of Rome and the Vatican.
The hotel can arrange for rented scooters to be brought to the hotel. Gianicolo Park (300 metres away) and Villa Pamphili Park (one kilometre away), offer paths for walking and jogging.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 11 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 57 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 15.50 per night
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.