Please enter your travel dates.
Banyan City - Limited Time Offer
City Room, 1 King Bed (Banyan Wing - Escape)
Deluxe Room, City View, Tower (Escape)
- One King Bed
Tower Partial Ocean View - Ocean Promotion
Oceanfront historic resort, First Lady of Waikiki
On Waikiki Beach
Facing famed Waikiki Beach, this 1901 hotel—the first built in Waikiki—opens to Kalakaua Avenue, is 1 block from shopping, and 4 miles from Chinatown and downtown Honolulu.
Moana Surfrider serves Victorian-style afternoon tea on a seaside verandah and offers oceanfront dining. A sundeck surrounds a freshwater pool and a section of the beach is reserved for hotel guests.
Modern island decor
Guestrooms at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa feature Westin Heavenly Beds, island decor, writing desks, flat-screen TVs with cable and movie channels, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Rooted in an era of steamships and Martin Denny music, the oceanfront Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa in central Waikiki offers afternoon tea, oceanfront dining with Hawaiian entertainment, and a sundeck and swimming pool under a banyan tree. The resort offers a complimentary guided historic tour three times a week.
Wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge) and the onsite spa offers massages and beauty treatments. Signing privileges for dining, entertainment, and facilities (except pools) are allowed at three other Sheraton hotels in Waikiki. The nearby Sheraton Waikiki, for example, offers a fitness center, a children's program (ages 5–12), and a 24-hour business center (surcharges).
The Polynesian music and dance show, “Creation-A Polynesian Journey,” features a spectacle of volcanic eruptions, pristine island landscapes, extraordinary ocean scenes, the art of hula showcased in its many artistic forms, vibrant costumes, and epic theatrical journeys through dance.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 793
- Number of floors - 18
- Audiovisual equipment
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Parking garage
- Poolside bar
- On private beach
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Private beach - direct access
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Security guard
- Self parking
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Full-service health spa
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Beach bar
- Year Built 1901
- Snack bar/deli
- 24-hour business center
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Self parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary newspaper
The Veranda - In the shade of a historic banyan tree and an ambiance of yesteryear. Cushioned wicker chairs, ocean views. Leisurely à la carte breakfast, afternoon tea with scones and clotted cream.
Beachhouse at the Moana - Situated on Waikiki beach, this restaurant has island estate ambiance with Victorian accents. Featuring Pennsylvania Amish Raised Angus and American Wagyu (Kobe-style) steaks, seafood, and menu items using Hawaii's fresh produce. Open evenings for dinner.
Beach Bar - Poolside, in the shade of the Banyan tree, with gentle Hawaiian entertainment every evening. Guests watch sunsets with drinks and grilled pupus. Open from midmorning until mid-evening.
Snack Bar - Located near the pool and Waikiki beach, the snack bar offers Hawaiian-style shaved ice, beverages, and a full menu that can be enjoyed poolside.
bin1901 - This fine-dining restaurant has an emphasis on wine, offering exotic and interesting selections. bin1901 can compose wine-tasting flights specifically chosen to enhance the flavors, characteristics and nuances of the dishes.
The Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa now includes the Moana Lani Spa, A Heavenly Spa by Westin, Waikiki's first and only ocean front spa. An expansive 18,000 square foot spa features 16 treatment rooms, two ocean front couple's massage rooms with large soaking tubs, and balconies overlooking Diamond Head and the Pacific. The Moana Lani Boutique is adjacent to the spa, and offers guests the chance to purchase spa products and souvenirs after getting a spa service. After a morning of replenishment, guests can enjoy their private, roped-off sandy beach, with direct access from the property, with amenities such as lounge chairs and water sports equipment (fees may apply). A sundeck shaded by a banyan tree surrounds the freshwater pool.
Waikiki Beach, adjacent, offers many beach activities including snorkeling, catamaran sails, and canoe paddling; the resort can arrange these activities (surcharges may apply). A surfing school is also nearby (surcharge). Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, offers signing privileges for dining, entertainment, and facilities (except pools) at three partner Starwood properties in Waikiki: The Sheraton Waikiki, Princess Kaiulani, and The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort.
Guests can also take advantage of the hotel's complimentary Westin Workout program, with state of the art equipment that provides a range of full-body exercises geared for travelers. If you're a runner, enjoy running maps provided by the resort in partnership with Runners Magazine with towels and cold water in the lobby.
Daily activities can be arranged at the resort, such as excursions to the Waikiki Aquarium and the Honolulu Zoo; beach activities; and arts-and-crafts sessions (surcharges). Within 1 mile are a public golf course, and the tennis courts and jogging paths of Kapiolani Park.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Snorkeling on site
- Swimming on site
- Whale-watching on site
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Spa boutique
- Beachfront spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 31.41 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- Self parking
- Additional inclusions
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 15 per day (in/out privileges)
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through Hawaii Green Business Program thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
Complimentary meals for children 12 and younger
One child per room, per paying adult will enjoy complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet at the Beach Side Cafe. Offer combinable with Sunsational Savings.
Complimentary meals offer valid from the buffet only.
The "Escape" room categories (only those with the word "Escape” in the title) are a rate-based room category and include no value-adds. No minimum length of stay required.
Not valid with any other offers.