Book your room at Protea Hotel President
4-star hotel with an outdoor pool in Cape Town (Bantry Bay)
This hotel is located in Cape Town (Bantry Bay), close to the beach, Queens Beach, Sea Point Swimming Pool, and Sea Point Pavillion. Also nearby are Milton Beach and Lions Head.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel President features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature kitchenettes, complimentary wireless Internet access, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
In addition to an outdoor pool, Protea Hotel President provides a 24-hour fitness center and a children's pool. The hotel offers a restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities measuring 7532 square feet (700 square meters) include a conference center, conference space, and meeting rooms. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, the property provides an area shuttle within 5 km and a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours). Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Protea Hotel President has designated areas for smoking.
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Children's pool
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Conference space
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 349
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 6
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 7532
- Conference space size (meters) - 700
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Year Built 1997
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Plasma TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free bottled water
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free WiFi
- In-room massage available
- Climate control
- Private bathroom (not in room)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Islands Restaurant - This restaurant is located by the pool. A children's menu is available.
24-hour room service is available.
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- A 1 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Resort fee
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 155 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: ZAR 30 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: ZAR 30 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 330 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: ZAR 350 per stay
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.